Inside the Pride – Rugby in Africa 2015 – Part 1

first_imgTuesday May 12, 2015 Inside the Pride – Rugby in Africa 2015 – Part 1 The 2015 Bhubesi Pride rugby coaching expedition in Africa is well under way, so today we’ve got the latest video update for you, as well as some information on how you have the opportunity to get involved. This year they started in Uganda and Kenya, and will gradually make their way down south over the course of a few months, en route to South Africa.Having assembled a fantastic team of volunteers, the team – currently English, American, German, Swiss, Scottish, Canadian and Malawian – has already ventured into Kenya and Tanzania, on what is now Bhubesi Pride’s fourth journey through Africa.The charity’s goals continue to promote the game of rugby in Africa at grassroots level, empower locals and, over the next three years, funding is also being sourced to recruit permanent development officers and build sports pitches and community centres.Oliver Munns, who volunteered with Bhubesi Pride Foundation last year and who now manages the charity’s operations in Africa, said: “Its been a whirlwind start to the project. We’ve taken on a huge amount and so far and it has all gone amazingly well.“We are already thinking ahead to our 2016 project, with a real focus on sustainability. It’s great to be able to plan for the long term.”You can now apply for 2016! The application process is open and, thanks to corporate sponsorship, the charity has been able to reduce its volunteer fees by over 30%, the lowest they could ever be. For information and more videos, get to their website: http://rugbyinafrica.org/about/apply-to-join-us/Follow the team on twitter: @bhubesipride and hashtag #joinourjourneyADVERTISEMENT Posted By: rugbydump Share Send Thanks Sorry there has been an error Bhubesi Pride Foundation Related Articles 108 WEEKS AGO Change lives through coaching Rugby in beautiful… 188 WEEKS AGO Meet Tom Chaloba, Zambian Rugby Inspiration… 204 WEEKS AGO Jacques Burger coaches with the Pride in… From the WebThis Video Will Soon Be Banned. Watch Before It’s DeletedSecrets RevealedUrologists Stunned: Forget the Blue Pill, This “Fixes” Your EDSmart Life ReportsYou Won’t Believe What the World’s Most Beautiful Girl Looks Like TodayNueeyWrinkle Remedy Stuns TV Judges: Forget Surgery, Do This Once DailySmart Life ReportsIf You Have Ringing Ears Do This Immediately (Ends Tinnitus)Healthier Living30+ Everyday Items With A Secret Hidden PurposeNueeyThe content you see here is paid for by the advertiser or content provider whose link you click on, and is recommended to you by Revcontent. As the leading platform for native advertising and content recommendation, Revcontent uses interest based targeting to select content that we think will be of particular interest to you. We encourage you to view your opt out options in Revcontent’s Privacy PolicyWant your content to appear on sites like this?Increase Your Engagement Now!Want to report this publisher’s content as misinformation?Submit a ReportGot it, thanks!Remove Content Link?Please choose a reason below:Fake NewsMisleadingNot InterestedOffensiveRepetitiveSubmitCancellast_img read more

Cyber-dissident Guo Qizhen beaten in prison by inmates at behest of guards

first_img March 12, 2021 Find out more China: Political commentator sentenced to eight months in prison News Democracies need “reciprocity mechanism” to combat propaganda by authoritarian regimes RSF_en Guo Qizhen, a cyber-dissident who was arrested on 12 May 2006 and was sentenced to four years in jail for “inciting subversion of state authority,” was beaten by fellow-inmates in his cell in Shijiazhuang prison (in the northern province of Hebei) at the behest of the prison’s guards. His wife said she found him covered with bruises when she was finally able to visit him on 18 June, after two months of being refused permission by the prison authorities.Guo had a broken leg at the time of his arrest and has not received adequate treatment in prison. His health had deteriorated considerably.—————–Four-year jail sentence against cyber-dissident Guo QizhenReporters Without Borders has condemned a four-year jail sentence handed down to cyber-dissident Guo Qizhen, a human rights activist, after he was found guilty of “incitement to subversion”, the eighth such conviction against a journalist or cyber-dissident this year. Guo, 49, was sentenced on 16 October 2006 for having posted articles on foreign-based websites denouncing the government’s crackdown on fundamental freedoms.“President Hu Jintao is following as repressive a policy against the Internet as his predecessor Jiang Zemin,” the worldwide press freedom organisation said. “China is today fully integrated into the consultations of nations but this country does not respect the international promises it makes relating to respecting human rights and freedom of expression,” said the organisation.Guo’s lawyer, Li Jianqiang, said that the court in Cangzhou in Hebei province, central China had also deprived his client of his political rights for three years. He added that Guo had been allowed to speak at length during the hearing and he even voiced his confidence in the court which was trying him.His wife, Zhao Changqing, told Reuters that her husband’s conviction was illegal and that she would appeal.Among a large number of articles critical of the government which Guo posted on foreign-based sites, was one in which he said it was time for the Chinese people to “sound the knell of this dire regime”. His arrest, on 12 May 2006, appeared to be linked to his joining a “rotating” hunger strike started by lawyer Gao Zhisheng to protest at human rights violations in China.China is by far the world’s largest prison for journalists and cyber-dissidents, with 72 such people in its jails. Eight of them have been sentenced during 2006 to up to ten years in prison for “espionage” or “subversion”. Help by sharing this information ChinaAsia – Pacific Follow the news on China April 27, 2021 Find out more China’s Cyber ​​Censorship Figurescenter_img Receive email alerts Organisation July 9, 2007 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Cyber-dissident Guo Qizhen beaten in prison by inmates at behest of guards ChinaAsia – Pacific to go further News News News June 2, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

Local Printer Cited by International Franchise

first_imgTom Brassard, Paw Print & Mail, South Burlington, was honored for his companys performance and growth for the past y ear by Certified Printers International (CPrint”) during the bi-annual board meetings in Charleston, WV. CPrint” honors printers who have had exceptional sales growth in the past year. Paw Print & Mail not only was honored for its continued sales growth, but Brassard was cited for his management skills.According to Tom Crouser, CPrint” president, Paw Print & Mail continues to perform to rank among the best printing companies in North America. Paw Print & Mail has achieved sales growth, profitability and economic stability that that few commercial printers ever attain and the company continues to do so year after year, said Crouser. Paw Print & Mails focus on customer services, quality, employee training, and maintaining the highest business standards has made it the best choice for Vermont businesses printing needs. Brassard also is a mentor to other printers in CPrint” and is helping other printers reach success.CPrint” is a franchise of independently owned family-based businesses that strive for the highest level of professionalism and performance among small business. Companies from throughout North America participate in the program. The CPrint” designation is available only to printers who demonstrate exceptional quality and service by maintaining standards in operations, training, equipment and software as well as worker benefits and working conditions. This program requires annual onsite recertification as well as participation in continuing educational programs.Paw Print & Mail is located at 12 Gregory Drive in South Burlington. For more information about the company, call 802-865-2872 or visit the companys website at www.paw-prints.com(link is external).-30-last_img read more

Gareth O’Brien: Castleford Tigers sign full-back on three-year deal | Rugby League News

first_imgGareth O’Brien will remain at Castleford Tigers until the end of 2023 “I’m very grateful for the opportunity to continue my stay at the Tigers and I’m really looking forward to the next three years,” O’Brien said.“Since joining it’s been great, I settled in really quickly, the boys have been great and the coaches have been fantastic. It’s been a difficult year for everyone, and I think we’re a bit glad to see the back of it and we’re all looking forward to 2021.“I can slot into both half-back and full-back and that gives us some good options for next year. I’ll be putting everyone on their toes, it’s healthy and helps the competition that a squad needs. I’m looking forward to it.” – Advertisement – – Advertisement – Daryl Powell says O’Brien is a ‘very dangerous’ player Gareth O’Brien joined Castleford on loan from Toronto in August, and was planning to return to Canada at end of 2020 season; however, after Super League clubs voted against allowing Wolfpack back into the competition in 2021, the 29-year-old has committed his future to the Tigers Last Updated: 15/11/20 3:19pmcenter_img Gareth O'Brien will remain at Castleford Tigers until the end of 2023
Gareth O'Brien will remain at Castleford Tigers until the end of 2023

Prescott admits his block on Brent Cross was a mistake

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

BMW fined $18 mn in US over inflated sales data

first_imgUS securities regulators charged BMW with inflating its retail sales volumes to investors, fining the luxury car company US$18 million in a settlement announced Thursday.BMW of North America, a subsidiary of the German company, provided inaccurate and misleading information while raising $18 billion in corporate bond offerings, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said.From 2015 to 2019, BMW relied on a reserve of unreported car sales that it used to meet targets regardless of when the sales took place. BMW also inaccurately designated some vehicles as sold when they had not been, and adjusted its sales reporting calendar in 2015 and 2017 to meet targets or bank excess sales for future use.”Companies accessing US markets to raise capital have an obligation to provide accurate information to investors,” said SEC enforcement director Stephanie Avakian.”Through its repeated disclosure failures, BMW misled investors about its US retail sales performance and customer demand for BMW vehicles in the US market while raising capital in the US.”BMW said it was “pleased” to resolve the matter, noting in a statement that the SEC had praised the automaker for cooperating with the probe.”Much of the conduct at issue in the SEC settlement occurred over three years ago,” BMW said. “The order is based on US securities laws which can be satisfied by negligence. There is no allegation or finding in the order that any BMW entity engaged in intentional misconduct.”Topics :last_img read more

Moped mugger who tried to rob Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil jailed for 10 years

first_imgThe Bosnian defender doesn’t even flinch as the robbers threaten him (Picture: PA)The judge described Smith, of Islington, north London, as a ‘career criminal’ who was well known to police.He was out on licence for a 42 month burglary sentence in 2017 when he tried to carry out the street robbery.Jailing him, the judge said: ‘It’s fair to say they planned this attack with great care, armed themselves with pointed weapons capable of causing significant injury one said to be a knitting needle one said to be a screwdriver.‘They had stolen a moped and they were disguised in dark clothing and helmets so they could not be recognised.‘It is clear they had been looking for candidates to rob and they can be seen driving up and down the road in the period before this attempt took place.‘It is said and it is obvious that both of these defendants are prolific career criminals.‘They recognised an opportunity to rob both victims and Mr Ozil who was in the vehicle with his newlywed wife and they moved in armed and dangerous. Sead Kolasinac fought off the pair who were armed with knives, a screwdriver and a large knitting needle (Picture: PA)Ozil’s newlywed wife watched in terror from inside the £165,000 car, which then sped away down the wrong side of a mansion-lined road before the targets took refuge at a Turkish restaurant.AdvertisementAdvertisementThe pair followed them on the moped and threw stones at the car in an attempt to stop the vehicle and caused a significant amount of damage.The robbers had ambushed the two players as Ozil was picking up a luxury watch which had been delivered to a teammate’s home.They both admitted attempting to rob the two players at Harrow Crown Court.Appearing before judge Ian Bourne via video link today with his face masked with a blue scarf, Smith was handed a 10 year jail sentence.He remained expressionless but his mother sobbed in the public galley. Sign Up for News UpdatesGet your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and moreSign upNot convinced? Find out more » Ashley Smith (left) was jailed for 10 years and his accomplice Jordan Northover is due to be sentenced (Picture: PA)An armed mugger who tried to rob two Arsenal stars of their £200,000 watches has been jailed for 10 years.Ashley Smith, 30, ambushed the players with the help of accomplice Jordan Northover, 26, in Hampstead, northwest London on July 25.The pair were armed with a screwdriver, knives and a knitting needle, but they didn’t count on the bravery of burly Bosnian defender Sead Kolasinac.The footballer, known as ‘The Tank’, jumped out of the passenger seat of Mesut Ozil’s 4X4 and threw punches at the assailants.ADVERTISEMENTHe barely even flinched despite having a sharp knitting needle and knives pointed at him. Jordan Northover is due to be sentenced at a later date (Picture: Enterprise News and Pictures)‘It is clear the two of them hadn’t counted on Mr Kolasinac fighting back and he behaved incredibly bravely with knives pointed in his direction at a time when he knew he was in possession of extremely valuable items which men might use whatever they needed to obtain the watches.’The defender was seen moving around the car to confront the robbers before getting back inside as Ozil sped off.A member of the public spotted the moped left near a park close to Borehamwood and contacted the police, who were able to trace CCTV footage showing the two men walk into a pub.AdvertisementAdvertisementJudge Bourne added: ‘This is a high culpability offence, using weapons to threaten and indeed to cause violence, thrusting the weapon towards Mr Kolasinac who must have been terrified at the events taking place immediately outside his house.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalThe court heard how Smith has 30 convictions dating back to 2008 including burglary, robbery, ABH and theft.Michael Bisgrove, prosecuting, said: ‘The attempt as you will see from the CCTV was quick and violent.‘Both are prolific offenders and they saw this opportunity shortly before 5pm and took it.‘They hadn’t counted in one of the victims fighting back.’Both players escaped without any injuries but the robbery meant they had to miss several matches at the start of the Premier League due to security concerns.Northover, who is being held at HMP Wealstun, West Yorkshire, will be sentenced for attempted armed robbery at a later date.More: UKScotland outlines tier system as millions face new restrictions across UKLondoners ‘should be paid a Universal Basic Income if circuit-breaker comes in’Queen criticised for not wearing face mask in first appearance since lockdown Got a story for Metro.co.uk? Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk. For more stories like this, check our news page. Moped mugger who tried to rob Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil jailed for 10 yearscenter_img Advertisement Comment Ashley Smith’s mother sobbed in the gallery as he was jailed (Picture: PA) James HockadayFriday 8 Nov 2019 10:39 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link202Shares Advertisementlast_img read more

5-step re-engaging process in place for scout leaders

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisALPENA, Mich –Boy Scout leaders can get back to meeting with their troops as the Michigan Crossroads Council provided scouting units a 5-step process necessary for re-engaging.Scouting will look a little different as newly required procedures have been implemented for all units, registered members and family.The precautionary steps are needed to help mitigate risks and liabilities leaders and others may be exposed to as in-person scouting resumes.According to Scout Master Chris Harsch, he’s glad to reunite with his troop 92 as the virtual meetings have not been effective.While apart, they discussed topics like first aid and honor because it was difficult to focus on skill.Harsh said he misses his troop 92 and is already preparing for future events.Unit leaders who do not comply with the State of Michigan guidelines is accepting liability for their unit, members and program.For full information on the 5 steps before re-engaging you can visit michiganscouting.org.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Health department warns of possible coronavirus exposure at a party in Alpena CountyNext Scams on social media about unemployment benefitslast_img read more