Further complicating this decision in Dr. Buyck’s opinion is the rest of the economy, including the reopening of non-essential businesses. He expects schools and businesses to reopen at roughly the same time. He said because the current New York On Pause deadline is May 15, schools will be unlikely to open back up before June. (WBNG) — Despite progress being made, there are still several hurdles that need to be cleared before students can return to school. Dr. Buyck said it is possible schools will still open up some time this school year. He told 12 News the state will most likely be the one to make the decision on whether districts need to extend their school year further into the summer. Dr. Allen Buyck, superintendent of Broome-Tioga BOCES, laid out a plan for 12 News on Wednesday about what will need to happen in order for local school districts to reopen. Many parts of the plan include questions that haven’t been answered, such as will all students come back to school immediately, will lunch be eaten in the cafeteria and what will happen if someone at a school tests positive after the school has reopened. Dr. Buyck said most of the important decisions will come from the state level, like when New York cancelled Regents Exams for all students this year. He said the state health department along with local departments will have most of the say in determining what’s safe or not as well as which social distancing measures will be implemented. This could include taking the temperature of anyone who walks in the door, or making sure people stay at least six feet apart at all times. “If I follow the governor’s reopening strategy and I just do some of the math, he’s talking about having some manufacturing and construction to start after the 15th, then we want to wait for two weeks to see if there’s a continued decline in the data,” Dr. Buyck said Wednesday. “That automatically takes us to June 1st.” Moving forward, Dr. Buyck believes there are many lessons to be learned from this whole experience. First and foremost, he said it shows distance learning could be a viable option for some students. Additionally, he said until a viable vaccine has been created, he expects districts to still take precautions.
Galatasaray have announced the signing of Lukas Podolski from Arsenal, with the Germany international signing an initial three-year deal. Announcing the deal through their website, Galatasaray confirmed an initial fee of 2.5million euros (£1.8m) plus add-ons for how well the club perform during the length of Podolski’s stay, with the former Bayern Munich man tweeting a picture of himself inside the Turk Telecom Arena. President Dursun Aydin Ozbek admitted Galatasaray had been chasing the signature of the World Cup winner for some time and was pleased to have finally worked out a deal for the forward. “Podolski was a player we have been following for a long time,” he said at the announcement of the signing. “We have met the expectations of our fans. We think he will serve us for many years.” Podolski, who started for the Gunners in the 2014 FA Cup final victory over Hull, had long been linked with a move to Galatasaray and his agent Nassim Touihri said on Friday that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had begrudgingly allowed the player to leave. ”We had good talks with Wenger,” Touihri said. ”He wanted to keep Lukas at Arsenal but could not guarantee him a starting position. That’s why we agreed to make a transfer.” Despite moving to Arsenal with a fine reputation, Podolski’s chances became limited as Wenger added the likes of Ozil, Sanchez and Danny Welbeck to his forward options. He also has Theo Walcott, Olivier Giroud and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain at his disposal, which is the likely reason why the Frenchman could not guarantee Podolski the game-time he craves. Press Association Podolski, 30, was expected to leave the Emirates Stadium this summer having slipped down the pecking order following the arrivals of players such as Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez. He spent the second half of last season on loan at Inter Milan and has now signed a contract with the Super Lig champions, with an option for a fourth year in place.
Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won punished Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade Latest Tottenham News possible standings smart causal Tottenham issue immediate ban to supporter who threw cup at Kepa Paul Merson and Craig Bellamy had an intense debate regarding Tottenham on Sky’s ‘The Debate’ show.Spurs lost 2-1 at Watford on Sunday, despite taking a 1-0 lead, raising questions about both their mentality and their match fitness. How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures OFF Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card 1 REVEALED REVEALED Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January gameday cracker Merson and Bellamy went head-to-head on ‘The Debate’ Redknapp calls Son ‘petulant’, but Holloway says red card for Rudiger kick was ‘soft’ no dice This prompted Merson and Bellamy to disagree as they both explained differing reasons for the result.Craig Bellamy argued that Mauricio Pochettino is currently suffering as a result of his top players arriving back late from the World Cup.Paul Merson countered that this didn’t affect them at Old Trafford last week, and instead questioned the side’s mentality.You can watch the full clip below. targets BIG PRESENTS UP TOP What every Premier League club’s fans dream of this Christmas