Kandakai in Sectional Q-Finals

first_imgLiberia’s 13-year-old tennis gem, Saah Kandakai has reached the quarterfinals in his first Sectional Tennis Tournament in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the United States.Saah’s participation in the Sectional Tournament is owing to his ability level.Prior to his sectional tennis debut, New Jersey.com said in March-2014, Saah participated in the National Junior Tennis & Learning of Trenton (NJTLT), sponsored by Noah Lilienthal, a 14-year-old nationally ranked tennis player.According to the website, Lilienthal expressed his elation of helping Saah who he described as his friend.“I realize how much opportunity I have, because my parents help me around to play tournaments,” Lilienthal said. “Some kids don’t have that opportunity. The goal was to take him to tournaments with my mom and I, so he could have opportunities that he would otherwise not have.”The NJ.com said: “With the help of NJTLT staff, he (Saah) is driven to a Princeton University clinic twice a week with Lilienthal and supplements that with the NJTLT’s Ashe program.”Saah, an eighth-grader at the St. Michael Catholic High School, left for the USA on June 26, 2013 for tennis training at the Sanchez-Casal Academy in Naples, Florida through the help of the Mamba Point Hotel and the Oceano Casino.In 2012, Saah was also sent to Sanchez-Casal Academy in Barcelona, Spain.Mamba Point Hotel manager, Bsaibes Thawty said his support to Saah is aimed to help him become a professional player.Mrs. Anna Bsaibes, of Mamba Point Hotel, also said: “We are going to develop this young and talented tennis star’s skills at one of the world’s best tennis academies where such great stars like Roger Federar, Rafael Nadah and Andy Murray attended.”Saar’s father is International Tennis federation, ITF Level 2 coach. He introduced his son to the sport at age 5, at the Buduburam Refugee Center in Ghana.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Tangalooma resort safe from fire

first_imgA fire burning on Moreton Island poses no immediate threat to life or property according to Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service who are continuing to monitor and manage the wildfire.Acting Regional Manager Anthony Contarino said everything was in place to deal with the fire.A spokesperson for Tangalooma Island Resort has confirmed the property is safe and under no threat. “The Tangalooma Resort is considered safe being protected by Middle Road and hazard mitigation burns conducted in 2011.” Mr Contarino said.So far the fire has affected only a handful of campsites as police asked approximately 50 campers to relocate.  While there is currently no restriction on vehicle permits at this stage,  Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service will not be taking any bookings for camping at this time.  “Everything is in place to deal with this fire. Fire units and crews have been on the ground since the fire was detected on Wednesday afternoon, and a helicopter with water bombing capacity has also been used,” Mr Contarino said.  Source = e-Travel Blackboard: K.Wlast_img read more