Final 2014 Sprite Ball draw reveal intriguing groups

first_imgLong-standing rivals Mfantsipim, St Augustine’s College Accra High and St John’s will make up the proverbial ‘group of death’ at the 2014 Sprite Ball Championship while Koforidua Secondary School, Mawuli, Opoku Ware and West African Senior High School will comprise another intriguing pool.The draw between Central Regional rivals Mfantsipim and St Augustines caught the eye as the draw for the flagship High School basketball competition was held at the studios of TV 3 on Monday night.Volta Regional powerhouse Ketasco, Accra-based Ghana Lebanon and Islamic School (GLISS), former Ashanti Regional champions Prempeh College and wild card qualifying school Adisadel College make up group A.Ghana Secondary Technical School (GSTS) have Akwamuman, Presbyterian boys-Legon and Kumasi Anglican for company in group C.In the girls division, Old foes Yaa Asantewaa and Aggrey Memorial have been drawn in group A alongside Labone and Tema Senior High.It will be a meeting of familiar faces as three of the teams – Yaa Asantewaa, Aggrey Memorial and Labone have a long history in the competition. In group B, Volta Regional-based side Kadjebi-Asato have been paired together with last year’s losing finalist St Mary’s, Mfantseman and T.I Ahmadiya.The draw was conducted by TV 3’s Elloeny Amande assisted by Chairman of the Ghana Basketball Association, David Addo-Ashong as well as two-time WBC Super featherweight champion Professor Azumah Nelson.BOYS DIVISIONGROUP A: KETASCO, GLISS, PREMPEH COLLEGE, ADISADEL COLLEGE.GROUP B: KSTS, MAWULI, OPOKU WARE, WEST AFRICAN SENIOR HIGH  (WASS) GROUP C: GSTS, KUMASI ANGLICAN, AKWAMUMAN, PRESEC-LEGONGROUP D: MFANTSIPIM, ST AUGUSTINES, ACCRA HIGH, ST JOHNS. GIRLS DIVISONGROUP A: TEMA SENIOR HIGH, AGGREY MEMORIAL, YAA ASANTEWAA, LABONE GROUP B: KADJEBI-ASATO, ST MARY’S, MFANTSEMAN, T.I AHMADIYAlast_img read more

Bengals owner wants Andy Dalton to prove himself before offering extension

first_img“I think it’s a good year for (Dalton) to show like he can, like we think he will,” Brown told Cincinnati.com. “After he re-establishes himself we would want to get together with him and see if we can extend it. “I think Andy is a good player and that he will rebound off last year. He was hurt. We lost so many other pieces. It fell apart, but if he’s healthy and we stay healthy enough, I have confidence in him.” The Bengals should be improved on offense this season, with new head coach Zac Taylor known for his offensive schemes. Taylor expressed confidence in Dalton this week.“He can handle everything,” Taylor said, via Bengals.com. “He can handle everything you want to do at the line of scrimmage, which is key. He can make all the protection calls, understands what we’re looking for in the run game. Andy is great in that regard. He’s got a high football IQ, he’ll be able to handle anything they throw at him.” The team is also eager for the return of A.J. Green, who missed seven games in 2018 with an injured toe. Green’s contract expires after 2019, but Brown said he is confident the team can reach a deal to extend the seven-time Pro Bowl wideout.”The price range for him will be something we can figure out, will come together,” Brown said. Bengals owner Mike Brown told reporters this week the team doesn’t plan to offer quarterback Andy Dalton a contract extension before the 2019 season.Instead, Brown is waiting to see if the 31-year-old veteran “re-establishes himself” this season. Dalton is under contract through 2020. Dalton, the Bengals’ second-round pick in the 2011 draft, started his first game as a rookie and has held the position ever since. He had 21 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and averaged 233 yards passing last season, but missed the final five games with a thumb injury. A three-time Pro Bowl selection, Dalton is young enough to bounce back. That’s what Brown hopes to see. Related News Johnny Manziel leaves AAF game with head injury after tackle attemptlast_img read more

CHARITY WALK/RUN IN MEMORY OF TRAGIC YOUNG LETTERKENNY MAN TAKES PLACE TONIGHT

first_imgA 3k charity walk/run in memory of a young Letterkenny man who lost his life in a car crash takes place tonight.Shaun Graham was one of two young men who perished in a car crash in Rathmullan last year.The Shaun Graham Memorial 3k walk/run takes place tonight with a large crowd expected to honour the popular young man. CHARITY WALK/RUN IN MEMORY OF TRAGIC YOUNG LETTERKENNY MAN TAKES PLACE TONIGHT was last modified: September 9th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalletterkennyMemorial runShaun Grahamlast_img read more