Pepe admits it was ‘painful’ to see Unai Emery leave Arsenal (Getty Images)‘We must not forget that. For me, it was something painful.’AdvertisementAdvertisementWhen asked about Ljungberg’s arrival, Pepe said: ‘As he was a player, he understands us better.‘He speaks a lot with us, so for us it is quite simple for us to understand him like for him it is quite easy to understand us.‘Right now there are some players who are playing others who are not. That’s football, it’s like that. It is the coach who decides.‘If I am on the bench, it is up to me to put the work in to get back in the starting line-up.’ Nicolas Pepe unhappy over Unai Emery sacking at Arsenal but highlights Freddie Ljungberg positive Metro Sport ReporterThursday 5 Dec 2019 9:11 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link388Shares Nicolas Pepe has spoken out on Unai Emery and Freddie Ljungberg (RMC Sport)Nicolas Pepe admits it was ‘painful’ to see Arsenal sack Unai Emery but admits Freddie Ljungberg has a better understanding with the players.Arsenal took the decision to sack Emery last week after a poor run of results and have appointed Ljungberg as an interim manager until the club’s hierarchy can agree on a permanent replacement.Pepe struggled to find his best form under Emery, who guided Arsenal to just one win in his last nine games in charge.But the £72 million summer signing still admits he was unhappy to see Emery lose his job.ADVERTISEMENT‘It was painful because he is a coach who gave me the chance to come to Arsenal,’ Pepe told RMC Sport. Comment Nicolas Pepe has struggled to make an impact since his £72m move (AP Photo)‘It is normal for people to criticise me as much as they are doing because I am not making the difference in each match.‘I understand them. It is certainly up to me to reverse this situation through hard work.‘There are lots of aspects that I need to improve.‘Score more quickly, take the opportunities to score that I’ve been missing. It’s like that, that’s football.‘I also need to improve on the physical aspect because coming from France to England, there is this box-to-box aspect that you have to take into account.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Pepe says Freddie Ljungberg has a better understanding with Arsenal’s players (Getty Images)More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityPepe also admits he understands criticism following his subdued start at Arsenal and insists he needs to improve in several areas.‘I would say that my start has been a bit negative,’ said Pepe.‘Based on my own expectations of myself, I expected a bit more.‘I expect more and it is up to me to work hard and make the difference in each match. Advertisement Advertisement
LNG World News Staff Image courtesy of ShellShell ships first Prelude FLNG cargoThe Hague-based LNG giant Shell on Tuesday said that the first shipment of liquefied natural gas (LNG) has sailed from its Prelude FLNG facility located 475 km North East of Broome in Western Australia.Exmar completes commissioning of Tango FLNGBelgium’s Exmar, the Nicolas Saverys-led shipowner, has completed the commissioning of the Tango FLNG in Argentina.Pakistan LNG launches tender for 240 cargoesState-owned Pakistan LNG has launched a tender for the long-term supply of liquefied natural gas.Cyprus to ink FSRU deal in OctoberCyprus could finally award the contract for the construction of the FSRU infrastructure as it plans to close its several times extended tender in July.Commonwealth LNG lines up offtake deal with GunvorCommonwealth Projects and Gunvor Group, through respective units, have signed a heads of agreement (HOA) for a 15-year LNG sale and purchase deal from the Commonwealth LNG export project under development in Cameron Parish, Louisiana.
“We did not only think about security of the athletes, but we are also preparing safety measures for all aspects related to the games… of course the main priority is security.”Police say they have been rounding up terror suspects and petty street criminals in a pre-Games crackdown — and even fatally shooting some who resisted arrest.Many Jakartans seem unaware that their city is hosting a major event though, with the promotion of the Games noticeably lacking.“What is it (the Asian Games)? I’m not too sure,” said Jakarta-based entrepreneur Widi Astari.Some who do know about the Games have complained about ticket prices, which range from about 50,000-300,000 rupiah ($3.5-$21) in a country where many live on a few dollars a day.“I think it will be great if the organizer provides tickets for the middle-lower class spectators because I think everybody wants to watch,” said Ari Fajar.About one quarter of the 40,000 tickets available for the opening ceremonies — the cheapest are 750,000 rupiah — were snapped up in first week of sale on June 30.While the Games may not be picture perfect, Jakartan Nia is betting that her country won’t embarrass itself.“At least the outside world will know Indonesia has tried its best,” she said. MOST READ This picture taken on July 12, 2018 shows people exercising in front of the Senayan sports complex in Jakarta.Asian Games venues will be ready before Indonesia hosts the showpiece event in a month, organizers say, but the threat of terror attacks and endless traffic jams still looms over the regional Olympics. / AFP PHOTO / ADEK BERRY / TO GO WITH Indonesia-Asiad2018,FOCUS by Kiki SIREGARAsian Games venues will be ready before Indonesia hosts the showpiece event in a month, organizers say, but the threat of terror attacks and endless traffic jams still looms over the regional olympics.An army of laborers has been toiling around the clock to finish building work, widen roads and plant trees in a breakneck bid to beautify Jakarta, a teeming metropolis that many visitors find tough to love.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Trump assembles a made-for-TV impeachment defense team Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Anthony Joshua can’t escape talk of Deontay Wilder Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ The worst-case scenario remains New Delhi’s 2010 Commonwealth Games, where problems ranged from filthy conditions at the athletes’ village to collapsing infrastructure.Indonesia had problems with the 2011 Southeast Asian Games following corruption scandals and a deadly stampede at the football final.But the biggest headache at the Asian Games may be getting athletes to venues on time.Jakarta has some of the world’s worst traffic, forcing organizers to come up with drastic solutions.Athletes and officials will travel on dedicated road lanes while Jakarta has put an odd-even license plate system in place to limit congestion.Schools will also be closed to take the daily commute of millions of pupils out of the equation.Security fearsSecurity is another concern with the Games coming just a few months after terror attacks in Indonesia’s second-biggest city Surabaya killed a dozen people and reignited concerns about Islamist militants.Some 100,000 security staff will be deployed in Jakarta, Palembang and West Java, where several events are taking place.“All safety elements are already in place,” said national deputy police chief Syafruddin, who goes by one name. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Putin’s, Xi’s ruler-for-life moves pose challenges to West Lacson: Calamity fund cut; where did P4 billion go? LATEST STORIES “I think all the venues, from what I see… 95 percent should be finished by end of July,” chief organizer Erick Thohir, a media tycoon who is chairman of football club Inter Milan, said last week.Epic traffic jamsIndonesia started with less time than most countries. It agreed to host the Games when Vietnam pulled out, citing concerns over preparations and the heavy financial burden.And then Jakarta moved the Games forward by a year to 2018 to avoid a clash with national elections.But organizers insist it won’t be a repeat of the 2004 Athens Olympics when the main stadium was completed just weeks before the opening ceremony, or Brazil’s 2014 World Cup which went ahead in unfinished venues.ADVERTISEMENT Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Report: Disney dropping the ‘Fox’ from movie studio names Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs The athletes’ village looks ready, but some competitors may need nose pegs — it backs out onto a toxic, foul-smelling river.Jakarta and Palembang in Sumatra are set to host about 11,000 athletes and 5,000 officials from 45 Asian countries for the August 18 to September 2 Games, the world’s biggest multi-sport event behind the Olympics.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’Apart from a still-unfinished squash complex, most venues appear nearly done.The Gelora Bung Karno main stadium, used when Indonesia last hosted the Games in 1962, has undergone a major renovation for the 30 trillion rupiah ($2 billion) event. View comments
ITHACA, N.Y. – No. 18 Cornell managed to slip past the Drake University men’s tennis team, 4-3, on Saturday at the Reis Tennis Center in Ithaca, N.Y. Hands put the Bulldogs back on top after he defeated Vrabel, 6-4, 7-6(3) at No. 4. Cornell then went on to win a pair of three-set matches at No. 5 and No. 6 singles to clinch the 4-3 win. Singles No. 61 Vinny Gillespie (DU) def. David Volfson (CU), 6-0, 6-1 Lev, Kazakov (CU) def. Calum MacGeoch (DU) 6-4, 6-4 Colin Sinclair (CU) def. Ben Stride (DU) 6-3, 6-2 Tom Hands (DU) def. Chris Vrabel (CU) 6-4, 7-6(3) Pietro Rimondini (CU) def. Barny Thorold (DU) 2-6, 6-2, 6-1 Bernardo Casares Rosa (CU) def. Ben Wood (DU) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 The Big Red tied the match up at 2-2 with wins at No. 2 and No. 3. Doubles Philips/Thorold (DU) vs. Volfson/Sinclair (CU) 4-5 Unfinished Gillespie/Hands (DU) def. Hill/Casares (CU) 6-4 MacGeoch/Wood (DU) def. Vrabel/Rimondini (CU) 6-1Print Friendly Version The Bulldogs travel Denver on March 31 and will square off against the Denver Pioneers on Friday and the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos on Saturday. Gillespie continued his dominating singles play and extended his winning streak to five-matches with a 6-0, 6-1 trouncing of Volfson at No. 1 singles. No. 18 Cornell 4, Drake 3Ithaca, N.Y. (Reis Tennis Center) For the sixth-straight match, the Bulldog claimed the doubles point to jump out to a 1-0 lead over the Big Red. Juniors Calum MacGeoch and Ben Wood steam rolled Chris Vrabel and Pietro Rimondini, 6-1, at No. 3 doubles. Sophomores Vinny Gillespie and Tom Hands secured the doubles point with 6-4 victory at No. 2.
Source = TravelManagers Australia Seventh agency collapse – How many more before government takes action to protect consumers?With the announcement this week that Parramatta based Value World Travel in New South Wales has collapsed with “hundreds of travellers being left $3 million out of pocket and others stranded” as reported in Wednesday’s issue of news.com.au, the question must be asked how many more agency collapses will it take for Government to take action.Since the disestablishment of the Travel Compensation Fund (TCF), Value World Travel makes seven travel agencies being reported to have collapsed since 5th May 2015 with consumer losses as a direct result of these collapses to date, estimated to have reached in excess of $4.5 million.“If nothing else, these losses alone prove consumer protection against fraudulent actions of their travel agency is clearly no longer existent,” says TravelManagers’ Chairman Barry Mayo.Mayo strongly believes it is the state governments that are guilty of disbanding the TCF without ensuring the travelling public was provided with an effective form of consumer protection against travel agent insolvency.“It can no longer be disputed that consumer losses now being experienced is as a direct result of state governments disbanding the TCF and replacing it with an ill thought out industry accreditation scheme that failed to demand robust financial criteria or deliver consumer protection. Government and individual members of the industry need to acknowledge these consumer losses are not going to cease and recognise that an accreditation scheme without consumer compensation is worthless from both consumer and industry perspectives.”It is important to remind the travel agency community that $25 million dollars of TCF funds contributed by travel agents remains intact.“Immediate steps need to be taken to ensure these funds are used to reinstate a more robust financial oversight of the industry and provision of consumer protection. If action is not taken quickly to secure these funds to be used to protect the consumer as originally intended, this money paid by the travel agency community will be swallowed up into government funds and be accounted for as part of general revenue.”Mayo recognizes that these travel agencies may have also have failed under the TCF. However, their customers would not have been out-of-pocket.“We recognize there were shortcomings in the TCF as it previously stood and that with goodwill and common purpose these can be addressed to ensure a new replacement to the TCF is more equitable than some may have perceived.”The situation being experienced by these customers is precisely what TravelManagers and CHOICE Consumer Advocacy (CHOICE) were fearful of in their original submissions to Government.TravelManagers is a true customer advocate and Mayo has passionately lobbied from the outset that the industry needs to offer some form of universal consumer protection, sentiments that were also echoed by submissions from CHOICE to the Council of Australian Governments back in October 2012 in response to the COAG’s Draft Travel Industry Transition Plan.“CHOICE does not agree with the core proposition of the Travel Industry Transition Plan (‘the Plan’) which calls for the abolition of the Travel Compensation Fund (TCF). We are not convinced that the replacement initiatives proposed (such as private insurance and credit card chargebacks) will satisfactorily address the problem of consumer loss due to agent insolvency.”Thirty years ago, uniform legislation was first introduced throughout Australia to provide consumer protection for the customers of defaulting travel agents. The Bills purpose was simple – to provide for the licensing of travel agents. It was seen as an important advance in consumer protection, as it was recognised that the incompetence or dishonesty of a travel agent could destroy a trip for which ordinary people have saved for a long time and which they may never have the chance to repeat.“This sentiment is still as real and valid as it was thirty years ago, however with the abolishment of the national scheme including the TCF, which provided consumers with some recourse, should their travel agent become insolvent is no longer. It is the consumer that is the biggest loser combined with declining consumer confidence in travel agencies growing with each negative media report,” reflects Mayo.About TravelManagers TravelManagers operates in all Australian States and is a wholly owned subsidiary of House of Travel, Australasia’s largest independent travel company which has a forecast turnover of $1.5 billion for 2015. TravelManagers is a sister company to Hoot Holidays, also owned by House of Travel, and has more than 480 personal travel managers throughout Australia with a dedicated support team at the company’s national partnership office in Sydney. TravelManagers places all customer money in a dedicated and audited Client Trust Account which is separate from the general business accounts, ensuring client funds are only used for client purchases. Join TravelManagersbecome a Personal Travel Manager here