Indonesia’s National Olympic Committee (NOC) says the country has no city aside from Jakarta for its planned proposal to host the 2032 Olympics Games, ending recent speculation about possible plans to propose the country’s future capital in East Kalimantan as the host city.In a phone interview on Thursday night, NOC chief Raja Sapta Oktohari told The Jakarta Post that his party would always pick Jakarta as the strongest candidate to host the quadrennial event, adding that holding the Olympics in another place would violate the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) sustainability principle.“During my communication with [President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo], no other place was mentioned, only Jakarta. Anything else is mere speculation,” he said. The IOC sustainability strategy is one of the key elements besides youth and credibility in the organization’s Olympic Agenda 2020. Maximizing the use of existing venues is one of the main aspects of that strategy.The sustainability strategy leaves leeway for the construction of a new venue but with a note that it must be viable and have a “minimal environmental footprint”, the IOC document stated.This would be violated if Indonesia nominated a new place, which would force us to build new sporting venues for the 2032 Olympics’ bid, Okto said.Previously, Reuters reported that the Indonesian government was “evaluating” the 2032 Olympics’ bid plan with the inclusion of the new capital in East Kalimantan as the candidate city for the Summer Olympic Games.Indonesia is likely to face a tough challenge from Australia’s Brisbane, which has announced its candidacy for the 2032 Games.In February, the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas) announced that the groundbreaking ceremony for the new capital city, which will be built in the regencies of North Penajam Paser and Kutai Kartenagara, will kick off this July as the central government is currently working to accelerate the establishment of regulations and a master plan for the new capital.Topics :
The Illinois native followed that up by dropping another close decision — this time, to current WBC welterweight champion Shawn Porter in November of the same year.On Saturday night, Granados gets another opportunity for a signature win, as he takes on former two-division world champion Danny Garcia at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif., live on “Premier Boxing Champions on FOX.” While always honored to be given a chance to do what he loves, Granados is frustrated in not being able to secure a career-defining victory. And he fully intends to change that storyline this weekend.”It means a lot to be fighting Danny,” Granados told Sporting News. “I think it’s a compliment to the work I’ve done and the fights that I’ve put on. But I’m just tired of it being another opportunity. It’s time for a big win to stamp my name in the boxing world.”Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a yearOut of Granados’ six career losses, three have come by split decision and two by majority decision. Granados felt politics played a role in not getting the nods on the judges’ scorecards in the Broner and Porter bouts. And coming up short in those types of fights can make one question moving forward. However, Granados has decided to take a fresh perspective in 2019 — one without making any excuses. The new mindset starts with Garcia.”It pushes me harder especially in this fight with Danny to put on a great performance,” Granados said. “I’m going to try and take it out of the judges’ hands. And if I do put in the judges’ hands, I want to make sure it’s a straightforward victory for me, where they have no choice in the matter, but to give it to me. God works in mysterious ways. I believe this fight is going to be the charm to change all of the bad luck. God willing, I’ll be able to get a big win this weekend.”According to proboxingodds.com, Garcia is anywhere from a 16-1 to nearly a 25-1 favorite to beat Granados. But being in the underdog role once again is nothing new for the 32-year-old and he sees it a lot closer.”To me, this is a 50-50 fight,” Granados said. “A lot of people are talking about all these big fights ahead for Danny Garcia and that I’m going to get knocked out. I’ve never been stopped, so they are already writing me off and we haven’t even stepped in the ring. I got something lined up for those critics. If anything, they are motivating me to train harder.” Not many fighters continuously get big fights without winning a world title and Granados understands the challenge in front of him — secure a victory over one of the premier boxers in the division and catapult his name into the thick of the welterweight division. Squander another opportunity and he could be relegated to gatekeeper status.”I know that delivering another great fight on Saturday will lead to more fights, but this is a must-win for me to open up the doors for bigger opportunities,” Granados admitted. “I don’t want to be judged as a gatekeeper, another opponent or getting disrespected and being a stepping stool. It’s not who I am. I know Saturday night is the reason why I’m fighting Danny Garcia. I belong with him, Adrien Broner and Shawn Porter.”I know I always come with a great fight,” he continued. “This is a fight that I need to win and that’s why I’m going to fight smart, intelligent and dominate.” Adrian Granados is grateful to have had the chance to fight two of boxing’s most prominent names — Adrien Broner and Shawn Porter.Granados (20-6-2, 14 KOs) came up short against Broner, the former four-division world champion, by losing a split decision in a February 2017 fight that many in the sport thought that he won pretty handily.
MANDATORY PAYOUT SPURS $5.2 MILLION IN ‘NEW’ MONEY, CREATING MASSIVE TOTAL SANTA ANITA RAINBOW PICK SIX JACKPOT POOL OF $6,558,165 ARCADIA, Calif. (June 16, 2019)–With the prospect of a mandatory payout at the end of the day, $5,297,955 in “new” money poured in prior to today’s fourth race at Santa Anita, creating a massive total 20 cent Rainbow Pick Six Jackpot pool of $6,558,165.With 8-5 favorite Tough But Nice tiring late to be third, the Mark Glatt-trained Top Brass prevailed by three quarters of a length in Sunday’s fourth, the beginning of the Rainbow Six. Owned by Drummond, Drummond and Xitco, Top Brass, a 6-year-old Kentucky-bred gelding by Arch, was off at 9-2 under Joe Talamo and paid $11.40 to win while getting six furlongs in 1:11.62.Approximate post time for Santa Anita’s ninth and final race is at 5:39 p.m. PT.No matter the outcome of today’s Rainbow Pick Six, there will be another mandatory payout on closing day, next Sunday, June 23.For additional information, please visit santaanita.com or call (626) 574-RACE.
After the game Conte refused to offer an excuses for what was a lacklustre display.“Tough night, but if you remember very well, I predicted this tough night yesterday during the press conference,” he said. “If you remember, I said it would be very, very tough for a lot of reasons. It happened, but now we have to move on and see the next game.“Now it would be very simple to find a lot of excuses, a lot of alibis. This is not the right way, also because I don’t want to. For sure we made a lot of mistakes together. When we win, we win together. When we lose, we lose together.“I think the players tried to do their best, honestly. The commitment of the players was great. But, despite this, we lost. It was a bad defeat. But football is not simple. You have to prepare, to study, and then to try and prepare for every situation, every game, every season.“Now the most important thing is to understand we have to fight. This season will be very tough. We must be ready to struggle this season for everything.“We are doing everything, we are doing 120 percent. I’m exploiting this squad at the maximum level. If someone doesn’t agree about this, I’m here. I have to accept every situation. I’m very relaxed about [the pressure]. I know that I’m doing a great job, a great work, me and the staff and the players.”Asked if he thought Chelsea were overachieving this season, Conte replied: “Yes, I think we are doing more [than expected].”The defeat saw the Blues slip to fourth place in the table, 18 points behind leaders Manchester City and just two ahead of fifth-placed Tottenham.“Yes, we must be worried [about the top four],” Conte added. “It won’t be easy. But this is normal. It won’t be easy this season, and we have to fight. I think the players are starting to understand that this season, we have to struggle for a position in the Champions League.“But I think the players, until now, are great. They are [at the] very, very top for their commitment and their behaviours. If they hadn’t done that, our place in the table would be worse.“We have to understand that, if we want to speak about football and if we think to understand football we know very well this will be very difficult for us. If we want only to dream and not see the reality – in this case, I can tell you now we can fight to win the title this season!“It will be very important to look at the reality and to know that, if we are able to reach a place in the Champions League [by finishing in the top four], it will be a great success for us. Otherwise we have a normal season.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Chelsea manager Antonio Conte cannot bear to watch as he sees his side succumb to a shock defeat to Bournemouth. Photo/DAILY MAILLONDON, United Kingdom, Feb 1 – Antonio Conte said his Chelsea players did their best at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night as they went down to a shock 3-0 defeat to Bournemouth.Three second-half goals from Callum Wilson, Junior Stanislas and Chelsea academy graduate Nathan Ake condemned the Blues to another surprising defeat in an increasingly inconsistent season.