“Furthermore, this is to put everyone’shealth and safety the top priority,” Nicor-Mangilimutan added in the order thatwas issued on Thursday. In a statement posted on Facebook onThursday, he clarified that the international vessel Sea Music would not beallowed to dock or to anchor in the seas of San Carlos City, and subsequentlyissued the order to refute earlier reports that the ship would have a coldlay-up in the city’s waters. (With a report from PNA/PN) On Thursday, Provincial AdministratorRayfrando Diaz, a member of the Provincial nCoV Task Force, said a resident ofLa Castellana, located in central Negros, has asked to be quarantined aftermanifesting flu-like symptoms. In the north, the City of Carlos hasprohibited vessels arriving from China, Hong Kong, and Macau from anchoring inits port. The person, who had traveled to HongKong, was brought to the isolation facility of the Teresita L. JalandoniProvincial Hospital in Silay City. BACOLOD City – Classes in all levels in La Castellana, Negros Occidental weresuspended on Friday amid the threat of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). In Executive Order (EO) 020-006, Mayor RhumylaNicor-Mangilimutan said the move is “a precautionary measure to contain andmitigate the spread of the dreaded disease, the nCoV, that has claimed hundredsof lives in China and has created havoc in various parts of the country.” Mayor Renato Gustilo issued EO 50 onThursday addressed to the Philippine Ports Authority and the Philippine CoastGuard, reiterating the Department of Health’s guidelines for all seaports thatwere issued by Health Secretary Francisco Duque last February 4. “Pursuant to the said departmentcircular, and in view of the absence of quarantine facilities and qualifiedpersonnel in the city, all vessels calling from China, Hong Kong, and MacauSpecial Administrative Regions shall be directed to proceed to the competentport in Cebu and Manila,” Gustilo said. “Under no circumstances must suchvessels be allowed to lay, berth, dock or anchor in any part of the territorialwaters of San Carlos City, Negros Occidental.”
Mark Wilson: How FSB is meeting the recreational cricket punter’s demands August 20, 2020 Share Betfred extends World Snooker Championship deal until 2022 August 17, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Related Articles ITV secures three-year British racing broadcast deal August 5, 2020 Submit BetBright has announced its duo of celebrity sporting captains for its fiercely contested 2018 Cheltenham Festival charity cup.Ex England cricket spin bowler Phil Tufnell and former snooker star Ken Doherty have been appointed as captains of Great Britain and Ireland respectively, as they bid for bragging right.The trophy is to be awarded to the country with the greatest number of Cheltenham Festival winners, with Ireland current title holders.A crushing 19-9 defeat was handed out at the Gloucestershire turf last year, despite Great Britain starting as favourites.Rich Ricci, BetBright chairman, commented: “Cheltenham Festival is the horse racing event of the year, an exciting time for racing fans from both sides of the Irish Sea. “The Irish contingent will be looking to retain the BetBright Cup for the first time and I am sure that the British trainers and horses will be wanting to avenge last year’s heavy defeat.”“The BetBright Cup is a fun complement to the serious sport on the track, allowing racing fans to get behind their country’s contenders throughout the weekend and this year we will be making a donation of £10,000 to the Injured Jockeys Fund on behalf of the winning captain”.Tufnell, who went on to be a regular face of British television following the culmination of his professional cricket career, said of the event and his captaincy: “Cheltenham Festival is my favourite sporting event of the year and I’m delighted to be captaining Great Britain again this year. “Last year’s defeat was almost as crushing as the England side in the Ashes, but I am predicting a resurgence of British winners and I can’t see anything beyond a whitewash victory for the red, white and blue.”Doherty, who in 1997 triumphed in the World Snooker Championship, added “What a festival it was last year, the trophy was heading across the Irish Sea before the last day of racing had finished last year and I can’t see anything beyond another resounding victory for the Irish. “The main man, Ruby Walsh, will be back from injury and I’m backing Faugheen to be the first 10 year old or older since Sea Pigeon in 1981 to win the Champion Hurdle.”
BlueRibbon signs strategic partnership with The Stars Group August 18, 2020 Share Share Submit ‘Deal maker’ Rafi Ashkenazi ends Flutter tenure August 27, 2020 StumbleUpon PokerStars moves to refresh global appeal with ‘I’M IN’ August 18, 2020 Hosting a special conference call, Rafi Ashkenazi Chief Executive of The Stars Group Inc, has detailed further insights and arrangements related to the firm’s announced joint venture ‘FOX Bet’, partnering with US national broadcaster FOX.Securing a 25-year commercial agreement, the Stars Group will act as lead sports betting and igaming services provider for the FOX Corporation.“This partnership gives us the ideal platform to excel in the US market. working with the iconic FOX brand, which secures an extensive portfolio of premier sports rights and programming, supported with incredible on-air talent and reaching nearly all US households,” Ashkenazi details to Stars Group investors.Stars Group governance believes that in FOX it has secured the ideal multimedia partner to scale the US market, allowing the company to ‘capitalise on its proprietary technologies and operating expertise’ – replicating the ‘success of Sky Bet within the UK market’.Detailing strong JV foundations, the Stars Group underlines that it has partnered with a multimedia operator that can reach ‘100 million viewers in a single weekend of programming’.JV partner FOX Sports is recognised as ‘US Sports second most recognisable brand,’ supporting a diverse portfolio of sports programming, including broadcasts of the NFL, MLB, MLS, Nascar and US Golf.Ashkenazi emphasises the commitment FOX has undertaken on the joint-venture, which sees the US media firm acquire 4.99% in the Stars Group Inc. In addition, FOX will further gain ‘the right to acquire up to a 50% equity stake in The Stars Group’s US business’.“The arrangement provides both parties with a significant economic and strategic alignment, that maintains the ability to convert long-term commercial opportunities into a successful 50-50 joint venture partnership”, Ashkenazi details.Robin Chhabra – FOX BetIn the presentation, Ashkenazi confirms that the FOX Bet will be led by current Stars Group Chief Corporate Development Officer Robin Chhabra as joint-venture CEO.Building Fox Bet’s foundations, the Stars Group has set up a ‘US advisory board’ led by Ted Moss, former managing director SkyBet UK, and Andy Clerkson founder Grande Parade.Leading the Fox Bet JV, Robin Chhabra states confidence in delivering US betting’s premier wagering proposition, as ‘FOX Sports is the ideal springboard – a media brand embedded within US sports’.Chhabra points to analysis, which highlights that the FOX Sports has superior brand awareness of 80% with US audiences, ‘50% higher than any daily fantasy sports operator or existing casino brand’ – “The strengthens of FOX are clear and provide us with an immediate advantage over market competitors,” Chhabra concludes. Related Articles
… but President says may be an error by Venezuelan militaryThe Government of Guyana is preparing to engage the United Nations (UN) Secretary General Ban Ki-moonPresident David Grangerafter it received the preliminary report into an incident on Monday, where three mines officers attached to the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission, while patrolling in the Cuyuni River, came under heavy gunfire from members of the Venezuelan Army.Based on preliminary reports, on Monday, May 30, 2016, around 17:30h, the three officers were returning from a monitoring and inspection exercise at Arau in the Cuyuni River, when the chartered boat in which they were travelling came under attack by Venezuelan soldiers, approximately one mile up from the Eteringbang Police Station.“This matter will be brought to the attention of Secretary General of the United Nations in his capacity as Good Officer under the Geneva Agreement and members of the UN and its Security Council will also be notified,” a statement from Guyana’s Foreign Affairs Ministry on Wednesday stated.Also, the Foreign Affairs Ministry said it has dispatched a Note Verbale to the Venezuelan Foreign Affairs Ministry, conveying the Government of Guyana’s “grave concern” over this incident.The note also called on the Venezuelan Government to “desist from such provocative and dangerous actions on the Guyana border,” adding that such actions can only lead to a destabilisation of relations.Meanwhile, speaking to the Guyanese media on Wednesday afternoon, President David Granger explained that Guyana Defence Force Chief-of-Staff, Brigadier Mark Phillips is in contact with the Venezuelan General.He however noted that based on information, the incident may have been an error on the part of the Venezuelan military stationed at the border.“We have received information that there might have been some error on the part of the Venezuelan national Armed Forces and the matter is now being investigated and we are working towards a resolution of the controversy and we are trying to find out what occurred but I wish to assure you that the situation is not deteriorating and it is not going to be generating into any confrontation,” the President, a former Army General stated.He quickly dismissed suggestions that the incident was deliberate, since also during Guyana’s independence celebrations last year, there were acts of aggression from Venezuela.“What occurred on the 26th of May, 2015, was deliberate and the promulgation of that decree. As you know, after [Caribbean Community] Caricom Heads of Government (meeting) the decree was withdrawn under pressure from the Caribbean Community and another decree was issued. I do not see it as a continuation, I do not think the two incidents are linked and like I said, right now, it’s too soon to tell and I would like to await information from the Chief-of-Staff who is in touch with the Venezuelans,” the President noted.Relations between Guyana and Venezuela have been tense over the past few months after the Bolivarian Republic continues to lay claim to over two thirds of Guyana’s territory, even though an 1899 Arbitration panel awarded the disputed Essequibo region to Guyana.In February 1966, just before Guyana was granted independence, in Geneva, Switzerland, the Governments of British Guiana, the United Kingdom and Venezuela signed an agreement to resolve its contentions, but Venezuela has sporadically raised the controversy it created.The controversy was reignited by Venezuela when the Government of Guyana granted access to the US-based oil exploration company ExxonMobil, allowing it to drill for oil in the Stabroek block offshore Essequibo.The Venezuelan Government was peeved at this move and made direct contact with the oil company, urging it to discontinue its attempt to carry out drilling activities in the area. Saying it had no part in the territorial issue, the oil company went ahead with its drilling activity.President Maduro later issued a decree on May 26, 2015, which purported to ratify maritime sovereignty over waters within 200 miles including the entire Atlantic Ocean off the Essequibo Coast as well as part of Suriname’s maritime territory and an area which is under dispute with Colombia.Guyana has been seeking the UN’s help in resolving the issue and has sought a juridical settlement if the UN process fails.
Four people were affected early Saturday after a fire in an apartment in Vancouver.The fire was reported at 4:16 a.m. in an apartment at 1351 Lincoln Ave., in the Lincoln Place apartment complex, according to dispatch records.Vancouver Fire Department Battalion Chief Rick Steele said the fire was limited to a room and its contents.The American Red Cross provided assistance to four adults affected by the fire, according to a press release issued later Saturday.