8 December 2015Bafana Bafana have arrived in Gabon to continue their preparations ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon), Africa’s most prestigious sporting event, which takes place in Equatorial Guinea from 17 January 17 to 8 February.The South Africans’ preparations for the CAF Orange Africa Cup of Nations Equatorial Guinea 2015 tournament, include a warm-up match against Cameroon on Saturday, 10 January, in Libreville.There is also another warm-up against hosts Gabon on the cards, the South African Football Association (Safa) said in a statement on Wednesday.‘Winning mentality’At a press conference ahead of the team’s departure, Safa president Danny Jordaan praised coach Shakes Mashaba for instilling a winning mentality in Bafana Bafana, KickOff magazine reported.“Previously we used to fight for draws in away matches. Shakes has changed that thinking,” Jordaan said.He said 2015 was lining up to be a very challenging year. “We currently have three teams in camp. I can’t remember the last time this happened in South Africa.“Equatorial Guinea is not the end of the road, it is the beginning of the road. We are in a group where only the best are.”Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula urged the team to make the country proud.“The players have come of age. This is a special moment for South Africa. We’re going to Afcon as competitors.“You have restored the pride and glory of the nation. If you win Afcon, it will be a glorious moment.“Go there and make South Africa proud. Our flag and national anthem will be restored among those nations.”‘Favourites’In an interview with Safa on Wednesday, Bafana Bafana winger Thuso Phala said anyone underestimating South Africa would be doing so “at their own peril”.Phala has returned to the national team, having played his last match in March last year against New Zealand in Auckland. Phala, who has been capped 14 times, scored his first international goal last Sunday, 4 January, helping Bafana Bafana to defeat Zambia.“I don’t think we can be seen as underdogs,” Phala said. “Going to the tournament most countries will be more prepared for us because perhaps they have been watching our tapes during the qualifiers … but if the other countries want to see us as underdogs, it will be to their disadvantage.“With the players we have, we booked our place in Equatorial Guinea with a game remaining,” the winger said. “I see us as one of the favourites in our group.”Phala said he believed the most difficult part of the competition was to qualify for the knockout stages. “But once you are through there, it’s anybody’s game.”He said this year the team’s focus will be on qualifying for the next round – “and then we could go all the way”.FULL BAFANA SQUADGoalkeepers: Brilliant Khuzwayo, Darren Keet, Jackson MabokgwaneDefenders: Siyabonga Nhlapo, Patrick Phungwayo, Anele Ngcongca, Thulani Hlatshwayo, Mulomowandau Mathoho, Rivaldo Coetzee, Thabo MatlabaMidfielders: Themba Zwane, Andile Jali, Reneilwe Letsholonyane, Bongani Zungu, Thamsanqa Sangweni, Dean Furman, Thuso Phala, Mandla Masango, Oupa ManyisaStrikers: Bernard Parker, Tokelo Rantie, Bongani Ndulula, Sibusiso VilakaziGROUP C FIXTURESJanuary 19 – South Africa v Algeria – Estadio de Mongomo: 9pmJanuary 23 – Senegal v South Africa – Estadio de Mongomo: 9pmJanuary 27 – Ghana v South Africa – Estadio de Mongomo: 8pmAFCON 2015 FIXTURESAll times CAT (SA, GMT+2)Saturday 17 January 2015Equatorial Guinea v Congo – Estadio de Bata: 6pmBurkina Faso v Gabon – Estadio de Bata: 9pmSunday 18 January 2015Zambia v Congo DR – Nuevo Estadio de Ebebiyin: 6pmTunisia v Cape Verde Islands – Nuevo Estadio de Ebebiyin: 9pmMonday 19 January 2015Ghana v Senegal – Estadio de Mongomo: 6pmAlgeria v South Africa – Estadio de Mongomo: 9pmTuesday 20 January 2015Cote d’Ivoire v Guinea – Nuevo Estadio de Malabo: 6pmMali v Cameroon – Nuevo Estadio de Malabo: 9pmWednesday 21 January 2015Equatorial Guinea v Burkina Faso – Estadio de Bata: 6pmThursday 22 January 2015Zambia v Tunisia – Nuevo Estadio de Ebebiyin: 6pmCape Verde Islands v Congo DR – Nuevo Estadio de Ebebiyin: 9pmFriday 23 January 2015Ghana v Algeria – Estadio de Mongomo: 6pmSouth Africa v Senegal – Estadio de Mongomo: 9pmSaturday 24 January 2015Cote d’Ivoire v Mali – Nuevo Estadio de Malabo: 6pmSunday 25 January 2015Gabon v Equatorial Guinea – Estadio de Bata: 8pmCongo v Burkina Faso – Nuevo Estadio de Ebebiyin: 8pmMonday 26 January 2015Cape Verde Islands v Zambia – Nuevo Estadio de Ebebiyin: 8pmCongo DR v Tunisia – Estadio de Bata: 8pmTuesday 27 January 2015South Africa v Ghana – Estadio de Mongomo: 8pmSenegal v Algeria – Nuevo Estadio de Malabo: 8pmWednesday 28 January 2015Guinea v Mali – Estadio de Mongomo: 8pmCameroon v Cote d’Ivoire – Nuevo Estadio de Malabo: 8pmSaturday 31 January 2015Group A Winner v Group B Second Place – Estadio de Bata: 6pmGroup B Winner v Group A Second Place – Nuevo Estadio de Ebebiyin: 9pmSunday 1 February 2015Group C Winner v Group D Second Place – Estadio de Mongomo: 6pmGroup D Winner v Group C Second Place – Nuevo Estadio de Malabo: 9pmWednesday 4 February 2015Quarterfinal 1 Winner v Quarterfinal 4 Winner – Estadio de Bata: 9pmThursday 05 February 2015Quarterfinal 2 Winner v Quarterfinal 3 Winner – Nuevo Estadio de Malabo: 9pmSaturday 07 February 2015Semifinal 1 Loser v Semifinal 2 Loser – Nuevo Estadio de Malabo: 8pmSunday 08 February 2015Semifinal 1 Winner v Semifinal 2 Winner – Estadio de Bata: 9pmSAinfo reporter
Chris MacIntyreAPTN NewsThe Taku River Tlingit First Nation is hoping to expand its hydroelectric power station and to share the clean energy with others living in the Yukon.Peter Kirby, a member of the community and CEO of the Tlingit Homeland Energy Ltd., says he hopes to expand the power plant from providing power to his community to selling clean energy to the Yukon through Yukon Energy.“When we built this project we thought, there’s more energy in this creek,” he said. “We know the Yukon area well, we know the potential for projects in the Yukon region, and we know this project is exceptional to meet the needs of the Yukon.“We are ready, willing and able to have a conversation with supporters of the project and the potential customer Yukon on what that would mean in terms of energy purchase agreement and we hope to be there in the next few months.”(Constructed in 2009, the Atlin hydroelectric power station has been providing the community with clean energy. This station currently has an installed capacity of 2.1 Mega Watts)The hydroelectric station currently has an installed capacity of 2.1 mega watts of power.The community peaks at 1.4 mega watts with the remaining power being stored in a load bank.If the expansion plan gets the greenlight, the installed capacity would grow to 8.5 mega watts.Andrew Hall, president of Yukon Energy says he’s also optimistic about the project.He says that hydroelectric power is better long term but states that there are many hurdles to work through before negotiations can start.“There’s the technical feasibility. What does it take to bring that amount of power up to the Yukon, and up to Whitehorse? What kind of transmission lines do we need?“So there’s the technical piece and then there’s the financial. Do the numbers make sense?,” he said.Even with all the hurdles ahead, Kirby said he’s ready to do the work that needs to be done and remains proud of where the project started and where it could go.“I’m very proud of the work that we did in this community, our whole community,” said Kirby.“I’m very proud of what’s happened in our community since then.”email@example.com
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has revealed that Alvaro Morata wanted to leave the club, ahead of his potential move to Atletico Madrid.However, Sarri explained that the decision to sign Gonzalo Higuain on loan from Juventus was in part forced by Morata’s desire to leave Stamford Bridge.The Spain international cost a then club record £60 million when he joined the Blues from Real Madrid in July 2017, but now seems set for a loan move back to the Spanish capital to make way for Higuain.Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.“I think that Morata is a very good player. I think that Morata has the characteristics for playing in my team,” said Sarri, according to France24.“But Morata, one month ago, said he wanted to play in another team. So it was really very difficult for him to give us the 100 percent for his mental situation, I think.”“From the physical and technical point of view, he is a very good player and suitable for my football. But the situation changed in the last month. So we needed to change.”
Former Tottenham midfielder Jamie Redknapp says Chelsea transfer target Abdoulaye Doucoure is also linked with a potential move to Tottenham.The Watford midfielder has enjoyed an impressive campaign for the Hornets, netting nine times, that has seen him linked with a move away this month.“Of course your head will be turned,” Redknapp said on Sky Sports via Daily Star.“He might look at it as his big opportunity as a player.“This is no disrespect to Watford who have had a brilliant season.“But these opportunities don’t come around very often.Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.“If Chelsea were to make a late bid for you, of course, you’d want to take it.“Financially to go and play for one of the best clubs, Champions League football, obviously not at Chelsea, but Champions League football would be a pull as well.“I heard about Tottenham as well maybe being mentioned for him.“He is a real talent, I really like him.“It’s hard sometimes to turn down these moves when they come along.”
Sasha Foo Posted: September 12, 2018 Sasha Foo, 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) — The California law that legalized recreational marijuana requires all cannabis product to be tested before sale.In the first results released since the testing mandate took effect on July 1, the data from state regulators revealed that nearly 20% of the products that were tested failed to make the grade.The State Bureau of Cannabis Control reports for the first two months of mandatory testing, 10,695 samples were tested and just over 1,900 samples failed, resulting in a failure rate of 18%.PharmaLabs in the Midway District is one of a handful of licensed, accredited cannabis labs in the San Diego area, which is testing product from manufacturers and distributors.Melissa Nutter, the lab director for PharmaLabs said the 18% test failure is not surprising to her. Nutter said testing methodologies are not standard, so if a manufacturer does research and development of a product at one lab and then goes to anther lab to test for legal compliance, the results may differ.At least two-thirds of the failed product had faulty claims on the product label. Impurities and contaminants were less of a problem. The data showed 403 samples had higher than acceptable pesticide levels, comprising about 21% of the rejected samples.One industry group is pushing for changes that would allow companies to challenge the results of a lab test. Another trade association representing growers said the 10% margin on THC levels is too narrow.Even though the testing may be imperfect, many in the industry said a rigorous testing system is better for cannabis companies and the consumers they serve. 18% of cannabis products fail state test standards September 12, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Get the biggest Daily stories by emailSubscribeSee our privacy noticeThank you for subscribingSee our privacy noticeCould not subscribe, try again laterInvalid EmailA busy Stoke-on-Trent road will be shut for six hours tomorrow – while a ‘dangerous’ tree is removed. The A520 Weston Road will be closed in Weston Coyney from 9.30am until 3.30pm tomorrow (Tuesday July 31) while the tree is removed by Stoke-on-Trent City Council. As a result of the work First Potteries, one of the main bus companies in the city, say they will be unable to serve bus stops on Weston Road between Weston Coyney lights and Main Street. A First Potteries spokesman said: “Service 6 will be diverting between 09:30-15:30 on Tuesday July 31 due to a dangerous tree being removed. The bus will divert by turning out of Brookwood Drive, turning left onto Weston Coyney Road. Taking the second right onto Carberry Way. Read MoreMotorbike stolen from outside house “Then right at the lake into Glandore Road. At the top of Glandore Road the bus will turn tight then go straight ahead at Weston Coyney lights then turning left onto Weldon Avenue and onto Main Street. “Bus will then continue along Main Street until turning onto Flint Street and following this until the end and turning right back into Main Street and resuming it’s usual route. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.” Want to keep up to date with the latest traffic and travel news?Each day Stoke-on-Trent Live journalists bring you the latest news on the roads and railways across Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire, South Cheshire and further afield to help keep you on the move. For the very latest updates on roads including the M6, A500, A50 and more, visit our dedicated traffic and travel news channel here. We also run a live news feed each weekday, which you can access on our website’s homepage from 7am to 9pm from Monday to Friday. And for more as-we-get-it updates on the roads across the region and beyond, join The Sentinel’s traffic and travel Facebook group here.