An innovative solar program recently established by Vermont is up for a national award.The Excellence in Renewable Energy Awards, hosted by Renewable Energy World, has selected Vermont’s registration program for small solar systems as a finalist for its Readers Choice Award.Online voting is open through January 20 and is open to the public.The winner will be announced in Long Beach, California in mid-February.‘Given the national interest in Vermont’s innovative program, we think there’s a real shot we could capture the Readers Choice. We hope Vermonters and folks throughout the industry will weigh in and vote,’ said Andrew Savage of AllEarth Renewables in Williston. ‘Many Vermonters familiar with the solar industry are eager to see our state be a national model for cutting installation costs, making solar more affordable and accessible to homeowners.’With Vermont’s newly implemented law, small solar systems now have a simple pre-determined process that reduces paperwork and uncertainty and means they can be installed after just 10 days. The new process replaces all permitting for ground or roof-mounted solar systems 5kW and smaller with a single basic registration form outlining the system components, configuration, and compliance with interconnection requirements.”As a local installer, this new registration process is enormously helpful. This speeds up the installation process allowing us to avoid wasting time with costly delays for small installations,” said Rich Nicol, of Solartech, an installer in northeastern Vermont.A recent study earlier this year by SunRun, a leading national provider of residential solar systems, found that permitting adds an average cost of $2,500 to each solar installation and that streamlining the often-cumbersome processes would provide a $1 billion no-cost stimulus to the solar industry over the next five years.The report finds that the additional installation cost’ $.50 per watt’ is due to wide permitting variations not connected to safety, excessive fees, and an unnecessarily slow process. The report cites that Germany has a 40 percent advantage over the United States in installation price.Vermont’s new registration process, which is free, went into effect at the end of last year. The legislation,which became Act 47 and was signed into law May 25, 2011, received strong bipartisan support.‘We think the Vermont registration process could be a real model to follow nationally,’ said Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America. ‘Reducing the time and resources that go into solar installations is right in line with the DOE’s SunShot initiative and is critical to increasing PV adoption.’Williston, Vermont January 16, 2012
Ozil and Emery now understand each other (Picture: Arsenal FC via Getty Images)‘He’s working very well and I’m very positive about his commitment. He has a high, high commitment today.‘He’s one of the captains of the team with Granit Xhaka and Nacho Monreal. I’m looking forward to seeing the best Mesut Ozil this season.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityOzil also confirmed that the manager and player had spoken, and while he wouldn’t confirm the details of the conversation, it appears the two have reached a level of understanding that wasn’t there last season.‘What we spoke about between me and the coach I can’t say, I can’t tell you because if I say something now to you, in the future he doesn’t want to speak to me again, so I have to take care of that!’ Ozil said.‘I’ve had a lot of coaches in my career so of course every coach is different and wants something different from you as a player.‘I had a few injuries before last season started so of course I had a tough time but especially the end of the season I played a lot of games.‘I have a really good relationship with the coach. We are speaking a lot and he wants to help me – I know that because he has a lot of experience – and I want to help the team.’With signings proving difficult to come by for Arsenal, one of Emery’s key tasks will be to get the best out of the former Real Madrid man this season.MORE: Mesut Ozil tips Emile Smith Rowe to make Arsenal breakthrough next seasonMORE: Arsenal and Everton target Armando Izzo signs new deal with Torino Arsenal boss Unai Emery explains how he’ll get the best out of Mesut Ozil this season Metro Sport ReporterFriday 19 Jul 2019 11:00 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link119Shares Advertisement Advertisement Mesut Ozil could still be a key player for Arsenal this season (Picture: Arsenal FC via Getty Images)Unai Emery has a plan to get the best out of Mesut Ozil this season as it seems like the playmaker is going to stay at Arsenal for the foreseeable future.The Germany international has had an inconsistent time in recent seasons with the Gunners and was often a bit-part player under Emery in his first campaign as manager.He has had injury concerns with his back and knee, and has often struggled to win over fans at the Emirates.Being the club’s highest earner, there was much speculation that he was going to be moved on this summer, if possible.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTIt appeared he had not won over Emery either, but the Spaniard has faith in the German and is impressed with his level of commitment ahead of a fresh campaign.‘I spoke with him last week at the beginning of pre-season and wanted to get his best performance,’ said Emery. ‘The way to achieve that is with daily commitment. Comment
RelatedPosts Vidal lands in Milan to complete move from Barca to Inter Barca president Bartomeu says he won’t go to war anymore with Messi Aguero could be out of action until November, Guardiola says Left-back Alphonso Davies missed Bayern Munich training on Wednesday, but coach Hansi Flick expects him to be fit for Friday’s UEFA Champions League quarter-final match against FC Barcelona.Flick said the 19-year-old was rested as a precaution because he was suffering from “light adductor problems.” Asked whether Davies could miss the game, Flick said: “We don’t think so.”Canada’s Davies played an outstanding season for Bayern Munich and is needed in his best shape for the big game to help contain Lionel Messi, who likes to attack on that side.Flick hopes he does not have to reshuffle his defence again, with right-back Benjamin Pavard still sidelined and Joshua Kimmich taking his place again in a move back from midfield.Should Davies not be able to play, Lucas Hernandez would be a candidate for the position.Bayern Munich are set to leave their training base in Lagos on the Algarve coast for Lisbon on Thursday. The UEFA Champions League finals were to open later Wednesday and run until August 23, with the Bavarians aiming for a sixth title.Slovenia’s Damir Skomina will referee the one-legged tie, European football governing body UEFA has announced.He was in charge when Bayern Munich beat Barca in the 2013 semi-final second leg en route to a treble, which they hope to repeat this year.dpa/NAN.Tags: Alphonso DaviesFC BarcelonaHansi FlickUEFA Champions League
Detectives are investigating a early Sunday shooting in Broward County that left two people dead and two others wounded.According to Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Gerdy St. Louis, the gunfire occurred around 1:30 a.m. near the 3000 block of NW 12th Court, in the unincorporated part of the county.Genesie Homes, a neighbor who witnessed the incident, described a scene with “people running everywhere” after the shooting started during a street party.“A girl was running and fell,” she said. “I was trying to revive her. She still had a pulse. I worked on her until police took over. She was shot in the head.”Several people called 911 to report the shooting.“All of 30th Terrace was full of people,” Homes said. “I heard a whole heap of shots. We were all running and ducking.”Responding deputies found four individuals bleeding from gunshot wounds.Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue treated the wounded, but two victims ultimately died at the scene.Paramedics rushed the other two to a local hospital for treatment.The names and ages of the victims have not yet been released.Homes says a man driving through the neighborhood was also shot and taken to the hospital for treatment.This is a developing story.
Angels’ Mike Trout working on his defense, thanks to Twitter In dugouts, only active reserves would be permitted, while other inactive players or support staff would sit in the stands or elsewhere. All non-playing personnel would wear masks in dugouts.There would be no mound visits, no exchanging of lineup cards and no spitting, high-fives, fist-bumps or hugs. Players would be encouraged to wash hands after handling equipment or leaving the field between innings.Away from the ballpark, players would not be strictly quarantined, but they would be encouraged to isolate from all except their immediate families. They would be discouraged from using any public transportation or ride sharing services.While all of this is subject to approval by the players, this represents only a portion of the negotiation surrounding the sport’s return.Owners are also asking players to agree to a 50-50 split of revenue, which likely would mean further reduction in their salaries beyond the pro-rated payments mandated in their March agreement.The two parties agreed that the players would be paid their normal salaries for whatever percentage of the games are played. However, owners contend that agreement was contingent on games being played with fans. Without fans in the ballparks, the clubs’ revenue would further be slashed and they propose that players bear some of that burden. Players argue that the agreement was not contingent on fans, and should not be renegotiated.Related Articles If Major League Baseball players are to return to action this summer, they will be playing in an environment that looks significantly different from what they left in March.Aside from the expected diligent testing and temperature checks, the changes include everything from pitchers bringing their own baseballs to the bullpen, wearing masks in the dugout and limitations on spitting.Players will even be discouraged from taking showers at the ballpark.It’s all part of a 67-page document that Major League Baseball submitted to the Players Association, detailing the health and safety protocols they propose in order to have the sport return safely amid the coronavirus pandemic. The report was obtained by The Athletic and ESPN, which reported details on Saturday. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Jose Suarez’s rocky start sinks Angels in loss to Astros Angels’ Shohei Ohtani spending downtime working in outfield Angels’ poor pitching spoils an Albert Pujols milestone Angels offense breaks out to split doubleheader with Astros MLB has proposed having an abbreviated training period for a few weeks in June, followed by a regional-based 82-game schedule beginning around July 4. The games would be played at the teams’ home ballparks, when allowed by local laws, at least initially with no fans in attendance.Although eliminating crowds is the primary concession made to the coronavirus pandemic, the plan spells out numerous ways that the players and staff will try to prevent the spread of the virus among themselves.The plan calls for regular testing of all players, umpires and staff members, mostly using saliva tests. There would also be twice-daily temperature checks. MLB personnel would be asked to perform daily temperature checks at home.Someone who tests positive would self-isolate at home.Clubhouses would be restructured to allow six-foot separation between players at their lockers, and in-person meetings would be discouraged.