– Advertisement – Pennsylvania’s secretary of state will ask a federal judge to dismiss a new lawsuit by the Trump campaign, which seeks to bar the state from certifying the results of its election between President Donald Trump and President-elect Joe Biden.“The Secretary disputes that Plaintiffs have stated a claim,” lawyers for Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar wrote in a court filing Tuesday, which also asked the judge to move the case to Harrisburg, the state’s capital.Boockvar, a Democrat, “intends to promptly move to dismiss and request expedited consideration of that motion,” the lawyers wrote.- Advertisement – The Trump campaign’s 86-page document accused Pennsylvania of, among other things, ignoring “legislative mandates” by evaluating mail-in ballots “on an entirely parallel track to those ballots cast in person.”This “two-track” system violates the Constitution, the campaign argued.“Pennsylvania has created an illegal two-tiered voting system for the 2020 General Election, devaluing in-person votes,” the complaint alleged.“Democrat-majority counties provided political parties and candidates, including the Trump Campaign, no meaningful access or actual opportunity to review and assess mail-in ballots during the pre-canvassing meetings,” the complaint said.It also alleged that counties favoring Democrats were unfairly advantaged in the contest by reviewing ballots earlier and allowing voters more time to “cure” problems with their votes.Judge Matthew Brann scheduled a telephone status conference for 3 p.m. ET on Tuesday. A clerk for the court told CNBC that media would not be allowed to listen in on the call. – Advertisement – The signal from the Keystone State official came less than a day after the Trump campaign filed its complaint in U.S. District Court in the Middle District of Pennsylvania, requesting “an emergency order prohibiting Defendants from certifying the results of the General Election.”The suit was filed three days after news outlets, including NBC News, projected that Biden would defeat Trump in Pennsylvania. That projection put Biden over the threshold of 270 electoral votes required to win the election.Trump, however, has not conceded the race. Rather, he has claimed he won, “by a lot,” and has launched a barrage of claims, without providing evidence, about voter fraud and illegality in key states. His campaign has taken legal action in multiple states; some of those lawsuits have already been tossed by judges.- Advertisement – Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar speaks at a press conference regarding election vote counting in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, U.S. November 5, 2020.Mark Kauzlarich | Reuters
Frans van Dorsten, the pension fund’s chair, said Nationale Nederlanden would – in a one-off measure – compensate 91% of the indexation pensioners and deferred participants had missed so far.In addition, the insurer will pay an annual indexation varying from 1.35% to 1.8%, depending on the pension arrangements for the deferred members and pensioners within the pension fund.According to Centraal Beheer APF, the employer will pay €4m for additional inflation compensation for its workers.Thier indexation perspective was already good as the pension fund’s coverage ratio was 130% when the deal with Centraal Beheer APF was concluded, according to the chair.At the end of 2018, Chemours’s company scheme had €1.2bn of assets under management. The Dutch branch of chemical giant Chemours is to place €330m of pension assets of its 475 workers with the consolidation vehicle (APF) of Achmea subsidiary Centraal Beheer.In a press release, APF said that Chemours’ staff pensions will be housed in an individual compartment, which is to receive annual contributions of €7m.Last summer, the pension fund announced it would move €820m worth of pension rights of its pensioners and deferred participants to Dutch insurer Nationale Nederlanden.The pension fund said dividing pension rights of active participants on one hand, and deferred members and pensioners on the other hand across different managers, would make it easier to recover the inflation compensation in arrears for the two latter groups.
Chairman of Enyimba Felix Anyansi Agwu has bitterly condemned reports in the media that supporters of Enyimba Football Club are gearing up for protests in Aba over non-completion of work in the stadium.The reports claim that supporters of the club under the aegis of Concerned Enyimba Supporters have concluded plans to march round Aba to demand the immediate completion of the rehabilitation work in the stadium. But in an interview in Calabar after Enyimba’s one nil win over Akwa United on Thursday, Felix Anyansi Agwu labelled the reports false and shameful.Anyansi Agwu said: “These are untrue reports. Very untrue, very misleading and very shameful. There are no such plans by supporters of the club to protest. What would anybody be protesting. No sane person would be protesting a genuine attempt by the Dr Okezie Ikpeazu led administration to develop Enyimba’s infrastructure and make us more competitive. A government that is not concerned about the welfare of a club will not embark on such a huge project in the face of the current economic condition of the country and in particular, Abia State. So it puzzles me how such a protest story can be cooked up.”“Our supporters held no meeting to plan a protest, neither did they contact anyone to protest on their behalf. Our supporters left Calabar in a triumphant spirit after our victory against Akwa and are planning to be on the road to cheer the team in our next away game, so who is protesting? As a matter of fact, this group that calls itself Concerned Enyimba Supporters have no connection with Enyimba Football Club. We have never heard of them, so I urge the public to disregard any actions or words coming from the group.”“I believe that if such group actually exist, their actions are mischievous and what they planned to do is nothing but a calculated attempt to undermine the great support of the governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu for our club. Enyimba reached the group stage of the CAF Champions League last season and has started well this season. Without the backing of the Abia State government, the club would not be where it is today. Don’t forget that Enyimba won her record seventh league title under this administration, so the signs are evident that we have a very supportive governor. Work in the Enyimba Stadium has reached eighty five percent, all that is left is for the grass to be laid and I believe that will happen very soon, so the supporters have no reason to protest, none at all.”Anyansi Agwu further added that Enyimba playing away from home is not the first of its kind in the league, even as he called for patience.“Other teams have played away from home in Nigeria, some for even three to four seasons, so Enyimba is not doing anything unusual. We have only been away for one season. Right now, we are in Calabar and we are doing well. I appreciate the fact that Aba fans would like to watch us play in Aba, but our not playing at home is only temporary. The government has not abandoned work, things are still moving forward, so I appeal to everyone to be patient and give their full support to the team so we can continue to do well. The people of Calabar have made us feel at home and I wish to thank our governor for maintaining full support for the team because it is not easy to play away from home. I also thank the government and people of Cross River State, especially the Cross River Sports Commission for their efforts as well as the Cross River State Football Association.”“Enyimba is a team with a rich history and we have not come this far by being aggressive or volatile. We have always been a respectful side and cannot plan a protest against our number one supporter. I call on everyone to disregard the reports and continue to support and pray for the team,” Anyansi concluded.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram